What if I have expenses for an accident or illness that may be payable by Worker’s Compensation, car insurance or another third party?

In addition, your health plan may have a right to recover payment made on your medical bills if they were incurred for an injury or condition caused by another party. This right falls under the subrogation and reimbursement provision of your coverage. If we pay benefits as a result of that injury or illness, we have the right on behalf of the plan, independently of you, to proceed against the party responsible for your injury or illness to recover the benefits the plan has paid. Under certain circumstances, the plan may also be entitled to be reimbursed for the benefits it has paid from a settlement or a judgment you receive from the party responsible for your illness or injury.

Information returned to BPA by mail can be returned to the address indicated in the letter you received or to:

Benefit Plan Administrators
P.O. Box 1128
Eau Claire, WI 54702-1128

The  number for information returned by fax is 715-838-8507. When faxing information to BPA, it is important that you keep a copy of the fax machine’s confirmation record, which shows the date, time and phone number you faxed the information from. Our Customer Service staff will need this information if you call later to confirm receipt.

COVID-19 Info